See also About Family Voices to read the Family Voices mission statement
- We promote a family voice in public policy, systems change and professional education.
- We support an active network of parents/families through our listserv (Family Action Network), newsletters and other publications and our website.
- We develop information to help families stay informed about public policy issues and connect families and youth to leadership and advocacy opportunities.
- We hold listening sessions to hear from families about their experiences with health care and support services. We then share this important information with policy makers to work toward improving their systems of care.
- We provide face to face training workshops to families on navigating health and community supports. Our training sessions, including the “Did You Know? Now You Know!” and “What’s After High School” training, are presented in communities throughout Wisconsin.
- We nurture strong family and provider partnerships in decision making, which can improve the quality of care and services children receive.