Every year Family Voices hosts a leadership institute in Madison for parents and family members. The Institute includes advocacy skills training, learning about state budget and other policy issues affecting families who have children with disabilities and special health care needs and visits with Senators and Representatives at the State Capitol.
Circles of Life (COL) is the annual statewide conference for families who have children with disabilities. Family Voices is a sponsor of the conference and our staff regularly provide presentations during the conference on topics including health care, transition and systems change.
Listening Sessions – Every year Family Voices of Wisconsin hosts a listening session during the Circles of Life Conference. Participants are invited to share their experiences and challenges as they care for their children or youth with special needs.
Listening Session Summaries:
- Family Listening Session 2014 – April 24, 2014 event – Summary of Comments
- Family Listening Session 2013 – April 25, 2013 event – Summary of Comments
- Family Listening Session 2012 – April 25, 2012 event – Summary of Comments
- Family Listening Session 2011 – April 28, 2011 event – Summary of Comments
- Family Listening Session 2010 – April 29, 2010 event – Summary of Comments